Saturday, April 14, 2007

Blog17: My Freewrite Our Free Right

As you look at these photos can you guess where this hotel is...actually it is not a hotel it is a house! A mansion! It is owned by family of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nayhan, who is the former president of United Arab Emirates and of Abu-Dhabi. It is incredible!

Outside of the house, entrance, and inside of the home.(Above)
**
Here are some bedrooms and their bathrooms. I am not sure which one is the master bedroom, maybe both, maybe neither, maybe just one of them. Either way they are extraordinary rooms that I would not mind staying in, would you?









And another bedroom and bath...











Just incase you want to take a swim...you have your own pool.

Need cars, they definitely have some. They are silver, oh not simply color made they are actually MADE out of sliver.









AMAZING WHAT $2.75 US A GALLON OF GAS CAN BUY ISN'T IT?

I was emailed these pictures. Ironically in my political science class I just watched the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car". It was very insightful, I didn’t even know that electric cars had existed, that people owned them. Yes, I know of the hybrid but that is a combo of fuel and electricity. It is very interesting and sad how the electric car was killed. They made complete sense and were very economical. Now, we still depend on foreign fuel from countries in the Middle East. In the documentary a man was talking about how the price of a gallon of gas is rising each year by at least a dollar. It’s on average around $2.50 per gallon, he made the point that someone is making 250,000 extra billion dollars a week. It is incredible, the profits for the main gas providing industries like Texco and Exxon make over 30 billion dollars combined in profit. There are other options we can use that will not only benefit our economy but our earth as well. Air pollution is awful and we have the means to improve it, one is by using another fuel to run our vehicles on. It is out there, why not take advantage. Ethanol, corn, electricity, hybrid, hydrogen fuels, glucose, and others. In Brazil and some other South American countries they use sugar or glucose based fuels. Obviously, those Middle Eastern countries have what we are so dependent on, oil, and are definitely loving that. I would to if I got a house like that from America’s dollars. Change is good and we need to start and change to a different fueling option. If there is a will there is a way. Just something to think about.

2 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

It is very true that change must be made. What do you plan on doing? I don't know how I'm going to change the amount of fuel I use. Honestly, I'll probably just end up waiting for some type of law to control it. Did a long time ago a car was made that ran on hemp. The only byproducts were water and carbon dioxide (or some other gas that's not harmful to us). The outlaw of marijuana kept that from ever becoming popular.

Michelle Brake said...

I remember studying some of the Arab countries in a history class in high school. United Arab Emirates as well as Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are the richest countries in the world. That's got to be the most elaborate show of wealth I've ever seen. As for the electric car, I think part of it was that it didn't have as power. I'm not sure about this, but this reason is just another excuse.