Friday, April 6, 2007

Blog 14: Sexy Tease


I chose this Calvin Klein ad because I think that it shows a lot of sex appeal. It is sexy in the way that she is in underwear, but subtle in sex appeal because she isn’t showing everything it is more of a tease. It is original because you don’t’ usually see a girl with her hand up her shirt. The typical finger in her mouth is obvious sex appeal and has been used many times in the past century as sexy. Her eyes are dark you can’t see them as you would usually because of the shadow over them, but this adds to the sexiness because again she isn’t revealing everything but it is a fierce look to captivate you. I love the Calvin Klein across the add especially the way the made it look, with paint or some material like that, as if the model wrote it. As you notice it isn’t a font we see a lot it is kind of messy in a way, naughty as well, it goes hand in hand with the look of the ad. I think that this ad is totally appropriate. It doesn’t show any private body parts like breasts or butts like other ads I saw. It is just enough to draw the audience in. It is a tease and nothing more I think it is very appropriate for the goal of the ad and gets the theme of sex appeal across decently. No I do not think that it exaggerates pathos as mentioned in Envision 2. Underwear makes people feel sexy sometimes, so the fact they use sex appeal in their add advertising underwear does not demonstrate false needs because I think it fit’s the topic appropriately. It is a great ad and I really like it and think that its subtly adds a lot to the sexiness of the image.

2 comments:

Martha E. Altman said...

I like how you drew attention to the fact that while this ad uses sex appeal, it isn't in an inappropriate or blatant way. You clearly stated your observations of the ad that lend credence to your opinions - noting the lack of definition in the eyes, the fact that she is fully covered by the underwear – great job!!

annaters said...

Yeah, Marky Mark is GORGEOUS, I drew him in pen and ink in art, in poster size, he is hanging on my wall :D!