Friday, February 2, 2007

Blog:3 Bridezilla is out!

The video from Youtube I chose is titled “Bride Has Massive Hair Wig Out”, as you watch you can see it’s about a bride who gets her hair done for her wedding and ends up hating it. This is all an hour before her wedding begins, so her solution is to cut the curls off. The beginning is not as amusing, but it leads up to the focal point. It is the introduction, it kind of gives you a setting of where they are what is going on. Also, it shows you how fast everyone’s mood changed once the bride entered the room, it was instantaneously. I was told about this video by my mother who owns a bridal store so the interest is obvious. This clip got so much attention on Youtube that it appeared on the Today show last week.

The focal point of this video is when she is actually cutting her own hair in angry rage. There is a lot of content in the video. It contains home video catching this unplanned action taking place. There is the bride and bridesmaids which include her sister and close friends. They try to calm her down but once she goes crazy with nearby scissors, they have no control, later the bride asks, “Why did you let me cut my hair”. She should look back on the video because as she would see, there was nothing they could do, she was seriously in a state of temporary insanity. They even tried getting her to down champagne. I think the calmest part was when she was cutting her hair and telling the other girls “to relax”. There is a little example of irony. Honestly, I don’t think that the video was altered at all. It is funny because I am sure the bride wishes the video was altered in some way to make her look not as crazy, but it was not. The video ends in her curdling scream, “TURN THE CAMERA OFF!”. Very amusing. The reason I am watching this strangers’ crisis online is because it’s funny and shocks me how crazy we humans can get from stress. If you notice her friend can’t even keep her giggles in because it is so outrageous. Throughout my childhood I hated the phrase “We aren’t laughing at you, we are laughing with you”, I hated it, because I would have a bad fall or do something humiliating and my friends would laugh and say that phrase. I would be crying which is why they couldn’t be laughing with me because I wasn’t laughing! This video reminds me of all those times because here is a woman freaking out, humiliated, and so upset, yet there is still humor within the situation as her friend laughs at it. I can relate in that way, but I still chuckled when I saw this video. At my mom’s shop they have a joke, that some of the brides shopping have P.M.S, Pre-Martial Stress, and this video can prove that. This poor woman is so unhappy and thinks she is so terrifyingly ugly with the hairstyle given to her, that she really thinks cutting off the curls will improve the look? All the girls reading this, would you ever do that? You would think not, but stress and anxiety can bring the worst out of us. This online video caught so much attention that it was shown on National television, that has to show you the different kinds of entertainment in this world of media. Therefore, this video’s context, involving the bride’s discomfort and pain, helps me understand what she is going through and although I chuckle while watching it helps me have sympathy as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this video too about a week ago. I thought she was insane. It is obvious that this is not staged though. I don’t think you could pay someone enough to cut off their own hair. It is funny how the bride was in such a crazed mood that she cut it off. She could have easily just washed her hair and re done it her self. You did a great job writing this though. I agree with everything you said in this. Stress does bring out the our inner demons. I have nothing else to say, so here are eight more words.

Aaron Deng said...

I think this video is so unique and amusing, you did an excellent job in telling about this story. Also I think it is a real story because it is so closed our life. The bride became so angry with her hair under the stress, her friends could not control her because the bride could not cool down to face her own wedding. In this story Amanda describe how the mood change of the bride’s friends, I think the wedding sure be a happy and exciting thing, but here we can not saw everyone look happy after the bride walk in. Amanda, I think you need to share this story with everyone because it give us a useful advice, and don’t let the stress control yourself.

Nga Le said...

Wow, that video was something. I found it very amusing, one of her braidmaid should have been laughing. I can't believe the bride started cutting off her hair! That was crazy. I can see where she was coming from though. For most girls, their wedding night is the most important night of their life, it is the night they have been dreaming and planning since they were five or so. If I was in that situation and my hair looked that awful one hour before the wedding, I would probable freaked out myself. I though you picked a very good and amusing video. I definatley kept my attention through out the whole video. You description of it and its focal point are also very written. I too believe the focal point wasn't until the bride enter the room in terror. Wow, I glad I saw that. Thanks.

Irina said...

I hate to admit this but I thought this video was a little funny. How did you even find it? Poor girl, I would hate for this to happen to anyone. I was watching this video at work and most of them are girls. We all felt sorry for that girl. The thing that I don't get is why couldn't she just put it all up, it would look much better. Do you know if they have pictures or video of her actual wedding? I would love to see it, if of course it ever happened. But anyways, good job on the blog, I love the way you described the video!

Brady Tucker said...

That was, by far, the best clip I have seen yet. I hate to be amused by the misery of others, but let's be serious. All of that woman's anguish was completely self inflicted. As you pointed out in your post, this woman goes through an entire spectrum of emotions within 5 minutes or less. Also, I loved the not so subtle irony of when the bride tells the others to "relax" while she butchers her otherwise fine hair. I was relieved, however, to see that even her female friend outside of the bathroom was laughing. I too, found every minute of her temper tantrum hilarious. Your post was very interesting and well written. I just want to thank you for providing me with three good solid minutes of laughter.

davidkk said...

whoa.......


whoa...


uh... wow... that's kinda. Umm.. usually I like to be critical and I most of the time have a lot to say, but this one I'm kinda shot with anything to say. The ironic portion of this video is that the bridesmaid is laughing as she comforts her friend. I chuckled for a little while, until I realized this is perhaps the only wedding this girl is going to have. I'm sure maybe twenty years... no maybe thirty. Thirty five years down the road she's going to look back and laugh. I hope they live happily together. For the price she paid to have this go, I hope so.

annaters said...

I feel really bad for the bride, she was obviously upset and then in her fury she cut off her own hair.

I think that if I was one of her friends though, rather than trying to get her drunk an hour before her wedding I would have taken the scissors away from her.

I hope that if something like that ever happens to me, I have better friends around than she did.

Although I am sad for her and feel terrible, her screaming was a little annoying. After about five minutes I was ready to stop the clip.

Also, in regards to the comment you left on my post, the bird isn't named kiwi, it is a kiwi, that is the breed of bird that it is. Perhaps it is named kiwi as well though. :)

Overall, interesting video, and the post compilmented it well.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I never expected a Youtube clip like this one. All I can say is great pick! With 6 comments so far I'd say you hit the jackpot. Good thing you went into detail about the clip because my computer is so slow it won't play the video. I was able to see what you were saying so good job on that. I know everyone does stupid things when they get fired up! I just can't believe the bride cut her hair off! She could have washed it out and started over. Oh well, I hope the groom liked it.

Genevieve Marquez said...

I loved your video. I thought that it was so freaking funny, and totally true about ever bride that I have been in the back with. I think the reason that it was so funny is because I am engaged and I hope that I never turn into a brideszilla. I also know that I might have movements of temporary insanity but, nothing ever this bad…or at least I hope. I feel your writing was so funny and easy to read because I could tell how much you loved the video you chose.

I know that your video was a favorite among tons and its by far the funniest thing that I have ever seen! That lady is crazy!!!! lol