Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blog 8: Look Who's Talking!

I know we already did a video post but that was more about the context and focal point of the video. This video is for fun. It was just recently sent me this video of Einstein the bird talking on Animal Planet and it amazes me the intelligence we are unaware of in some animals. I am sure almost all of you own a dog or have owned a dog, and the fact it can high five you when you ask or play dead is pretty shocking. We always wonder what would happen if animals could talk. In this video Einstein can make multiple sounds including animal sounds, sound effects, word phrases and others. He does sound effects I can’t even do! I don’t even know how you would begin to teach an animal how to speak and off of cue words. Though it is probably off of only cue words it sure does make Einstein sound like he knows what he is talking about. For example in the introduction he knows his own name, that is hilarious. I noticed the judge’s jaws dropped a few times. Not only does Einstein do sounds he can move. Have you ever seen a bird get his groove on and do a little dance and be crazy? Now I have. This clip is just cute and interesting and I thought you guys would like to see it, something fun. Just imagine if that was your pet dog or cat. Your friends come over and your dog introduced himself to everyone or if you throw a party you could ask your cat for a dance. What a crazy thought, but then again it could happen.

As Einstein says,“Goodbye”.

2 comments:

Irina said...

Hey, I love the video! This is so cool, I remember I used to have a parrot that used to talk. It only knew couple of phrases like "Good Morning" and "How Are You" but that I thought was huge. Einstein can do more than phrases. Those sound effects were so cool and you're right, I can't even do some of those sound effects, like the 'space ship' one was pretty cool.

Nga Le said...

Hey, that was a pretty cool video. I'm not I big fan of having birds as pet because I have always found them to be a little boring: but after watching that video, I changed my mind about how I feel about bird. That parrot was so cool; I can imagine myself having a lot of fun with it. I have two dogs, and I got to admit--that parrot knows a lot more trick than both of my dogs combined.